J&K Green ReagentsDownload PDF
Green chemistry has become a central focus of chemical research and development in the 21st century. Some of the most widely used reagents, such as NXS (including NBS, NCS and NIS), produce reactions that are ‘greener’ than traditional reactions with Cu catalysts in halogenation. There are also many common reagents which are harmful and/or create pollution so chemists are constantly working to generate alternate ‘green’ reagents to satisfy growing demand from academia and industry.
We understand that chemistry is a tool for scientific research and manufacturing, but this tool comes with a duty to make our world a better place – one with cleaner oceans, fresher air and safer food. J&K is proud to provide environmentally friendly green reagents, including synthetic reagents, solvents, catalysts & ligands.
■ Green Synthetic Reagents
● Featured Products:
1. Caro’s acid (Potassium peroxomonosulfate, 4.5% active oxygen, 229941, 37222-66-5)
Reference 1: Caro’s acid with acetone for epoxide formation: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51(10), 2443-2447 Reference 2: Caro’s acid for sulfones formation: Bioorg. Med. Chem.Lett., 2012, 22(15), 5114-5117 Reference 3 - 5: Caro’s acid with MX for C-X formation: Org. Lett., 2013, 15(24), 6226-6229; Tetrahedron Lett.,2014, 55(13), 2127-2129; Synthetic Commun.,2002, 32(15), 2319-2324
1. MMPP (Magnesium bis(monoperoxyphthalate) hexahydrate, 70%, 566277, 84665-66-7) 2.1MMPP for epoxide formation:
2.2MMPP for N-Oxide formation:
3. NFSI(N-Fluorobenzenesulfonimide, 98%, 115351, 133745-75-2) for fluorination:
4. Hantzch ethyl ester (Diethyl 1,4-dihydro-2,6-dimethyl-3,5-pyridinedicarboxylate, 98%, 505196, 1149-23-1) for reduction:
5. COMU((1-Cyano-2-ethoxy-2-oxoethylidenaminooxy)dimethylamino-morpholino -carbenium hexafluorophosphate, 98%, 1150273, 1075198-30-9) for amide formation:
6. DPAT (Diphenylammoniumtrifluoromethanesulfonate, 98%, 802121, 164411-06-7) for one pot ring closing:
■ Green Solvents
● 2-Methyl-tetrahydrofuran (2-MeTHF) can be derived from renewable resources (e.g., furfural or levulinic acid) and is a promising alternative solvent in the search for environmentally benign synthesis strategies.
● Cyclopentyl methyl ether (CPME) has been used in chemical synthesis as an alternative to hazardous solvents. Wide synthetic utility and a detailed toxicity study suggest CPME as a green and sustainable solvent of choice for modern chemical transformations.
Reference: 1) 2-Methyltetrahydrofuran (2-MeTHF): a biomass-derived solvent with broad application in organic chemistry, ChemSusChem.,2012, 5(8), 1369-1379; 2) The toxicological assessment of cyclopentyl methyl ether (CPME) as a green solvent, Molecules, 2013, 18, 3183-3194
Please also see ●Ionic Liquid - Page ** ●Catalysts & Ligands - Page **
|203918||2-Methyltetrahydrofuran, 99%, stabilized with BHT||96-47-9||Pricing|
|284814||2-Methyltetrahydrofuran, 99%, SuperDry, water≤20 ppm, J&KSeal||96-47-9||Pricing|
|913731||Cyclopentyl methyl ether, 99%||5614-37-9||Pricing|